Monday, March 24, 2014

Best App for Recovering a Lost or Stolen iPhone

Best App for Recovering a Lost or Stolen iPhone

From the article: 14 Ways to Find a Stolen or Lost iPhone

Losing your iPhone can be an upsetting experience. Luckily, there are more than a dozen apps and services you can use to try to recover a lost or stolen iPhone. What apps have you used to find a lost iPhone? Which have worked well? Which failed you? Share Your Experiences

Those who lost their i devicesIf they turned it off, it's fine. They don't have access to your info. All you need to do is lock it using Find My iPhone (don't erase it, just lock it). Then the device will automatically be locked when they switch it on. Don't worry about the time. It may take long but they will never use it again. I lost my iPhone 4 about a month back, and guess what? Someone brought it back to me yesterday. Why? Because it's locked and can't be used anywhere anyhow. Just lock it and display a message about your new contact details. I hope this helps. All the best. CMb 2Steps Ahead

Stolen iPad recovered w/ Find My iPhoneThieves broke into our house at lunch time (in Port Elizabeth). When I realized that the iPad was missing I tracked it. I found that it was moving along Kempston road followed it to the outside of a pawnbroker shop. I went there with the police but they couldn't find it, so I pressed the alert button the noise was coming from an office. There was a suspected thief sitting with the stolen iPad hidden under his shirt. He was arrested and was linked with other break ins he is expected to get a 5 10 years sentence. Rob Rudman

Find My iPhoneI went on to Find My iPhone within 10 mins of my phone being stolen, but the phone had been turned off and I couldn't locate it. I set everything to erase, though. Ella B

Stolen phoneMy phone was stolen and when I got the replacement AT didn't tell me that now it was going to be harder to recover it and couldn't erase all my personal information! Help please! A police report is filed and I know that my phone is in Fairbanks, but when they know I am tracking it (at least the last time I did) they turn it off! So I can't track them anymore! I NEED TO ERASE EVERYTHING IN IT. HOW DO YOU DO THAT! I have the IMEI. Norma

stolen phoneI did Find My iPhone and can't find it because it is turned off. sherri

Share Your ExperiencesWhat's the Best App for Recovering a Lost or Stolen iPhone?

Guest NameLogin with Member Name or Response TitleResponseEmail

(optional)Receive a one time notification when your response is published.

Post my response on Facebook when it's published.

Suggested ReadingHow To Turn Off iPhoneWhat's The Difference Between Unlocking and Jailbreaking an iPhone?How Many iPhone Apps and iPhone Folders Can I Have?Using Find My iPhoneHow to Protect Data on Lost or Stolen iPhoneDo I Need the Find My iPhone App to Find a Lost iPhone?Use Find My iPhone to Locate Lost or Stolen iPhoneTips for iPod touch and iPhone Security

No comments:

Post a Comment